Creating Safety Together!
Tenn Little Birds Outdoor Classes COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
SMALLER CLASSES. While we’re social distancing, we will be placing a cap of 6 families and 8 children in outdoor classes. Interested in having a class in your own backyard with families you know and trust? Learn more about our Quaranteam Classes HERE!
PERSONALIZED SPACE & MATERIALS. During this time, families will have their own set of musical instruments provided by Tenn Little Birds that will be sanitized according to CDC Guidelines (even better, new mommy guidelines! aka. Miss Allison's guidelines). Families will have their own blanket area that we will be deeming the "Family Fishbowl." Please bring a blanket from home to class and come prepared to make some "glub, glub" fishy noises to collect your little one if they venture out of their Family Fishbowl.
SCREENINGS & MASKS. All teachers will wear masks during classes. Anyone entering the outdoor class space will be screened with a no-contact thermometer to check temperatures & sanitize hands upon entry. **Masks are required for parents and highly encouraged for children over 2 years old!
What to bring?
- A picnic blanket to establish your family’s space.
- POTTY in the car! To keep everyone safe we cannot offer a bathroom. Please plan ahead and bring a portable potty for your littles. (Tip: There is a public restroom up the street at The Turnip Truck!)
- Shade if desired: the lawn is in the full sun, that’s why we’re offering classes early to beat the heat. You’re more than welcome to bring chairs with umbrellas, pop up tent, etc if concerned about the sun.
- Sunscreen, water, hats, bug spray, etc.
- PLEASE COME PREPARED IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN ALLERGY AND NEEDS AN EPIPEN! (ex. allergic to bees)
- Your masks!
Some additional details about outdoor classes:
- Before every class, participants will be required to answer a few questions regarding a basic health screening.
- Please refrain from attending class if you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing.
- If you or anyone in your family or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending a class or at any time during the session, you are required to report that immediately to our Allison Link by text or email.
- Please wash your hands frequently, before and after attending our classes.
- Children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same household.
- Children under 2 will NOT be required to wear face masks. Older children are encouraged to wear masks. (Especially upon entering the outdoor space before getting to their family blanket.)
- Adults are asked to wear a face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth when they are within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions.
- REMINDER: There will be no bathrooms available for these classes.
- Instruments or other objects will not be shared between famimlies.
- Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, we will have class online on Zoom.
Fall Semester Length: 8 weeks, September 25th - November 14th (Bongos Collection)
FALL TUITION: First Child: $190, Sibling: $125, **Third Sibling and Siblings under 9 months FREE
- Tuition covers: 8 classes in-person outdoors, music and songbook (as well as all the research and teacher education, etc., that supports your family's music making), and access to all online content for Music Together Online.
- There will be no in-person make-up or bonus classes. If your family has to miss a class, you can schedule a make-up in a Zoom class for that week. You are also invited to attend drop-in classes in online classes as well.
- Outside classes are closed to families not enrolled in the class. Make-ups and drop-ins will not be allowed in Outside classes.
- Outside classes are held on a weather-permitting basis. In cases of inclement weather, class will be held via Zoom.